Multi-Spindle Screw Machining of Stainless Steel Knurled Pins for a Variety of Industrial Applications
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Elge Precision Machining, Inc. is periodically asked to produce high volumes of stainless steel knurled pins. With almost 70 years of experience, Elge’s knowledge of turning and knurling enables us to increase cycle times while maintaining quality standards, which results in reduced costs and savings to the end user. Elge produces these stainless steel knurled pins—which are used in automotive, electronics, industrial, construction, and OEM applications—on 11 Davenport automatic screw machines. Made from 303 stainless steel, the pins have outside diameters ranging from 5/32” to ¾” and lengths from ¼” to 12”. Working from customer specifications and 2D CAD drawings, Multi-Spindle screw machining is used to manufacture the pins to tight tolerances of ±0.001”. After being cleaned with solvent, the parts are dried for inspection. Following dimensional and visual inspection, the stainless steel knurled pins are tagged and dated to a specific screw machine and manufacture date. Documentation provided to customers includes certificates of conformance and material certifications. Elge Precision Machining has produced anywhere from 2,500 to 1,000,000 of these stainless steel knurled pins in a variety of sizes. Delivery is typically accomplished in only two weeks following the start of production. Stocking programs are also available for larger orders.
If you are looking for high volumes of stainless steel knurled pins produced quickly and priced competitively with offshore operations, contact Elge Precision Machining, Inc. Further information is available in the table below.
Stainless Steel Knurled Pins Project Highlights
- Product Description
- Knurled Pins used in various Industrial Applications
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
Automatic Screw Machining
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Davenport Automatic Screw Machines
- Overall Part Dimensions
- O.D: Ranges from 5/32” to ¾”
Length: Ranges from ¼” to 12”
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.001”
- Material Used
- 303 Stainless Steel
- Material Finish
- Surface Finish: 32 RA
- In process testing/inspection performed
- 100% Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
Parts are Tagged & Dated to Machine and Manufacture Date.
- Documentation Provided
- Certificate of Conformance
- Industry for Use
- Automotive, Electronic Equipment, Fastener, Industrial Repair, Construction, Dooring, Windows, Solar Panels, Fixtures, Chain Assemblies, Food Processing Equipment, Construction Fasteners, Concrete Fasteners, OEM Fasteners, OEM Components.
- 2,500 to 1,000,000 have been ordered in the past. All various sizes ordered.
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 2 weeks to see start of production. Stocking program available for larger orders.
- Delivery Location
- Reading, PA
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Stainless Steel Knurled Pins
Back to Top